A SONG FOR HER

Time was when you’d fit in my hand
A bundle so tiny yet big in my eyes
When I hold you close to my heart
I find all the reasons for my very life.

Yes, I know I’m here for you
And I know I’m here to guide you
And I know I’m here to pave a world
  a world that is good, a world that is free
A world that’s right for you.

I have dreams of seeing you fly
Your wings soaring over land, sea and sky
Yet my joy would be the deepest
If I see you happy down on your nest.

But baby, it’s not always easy
This world’s not at par with the perfect you
And might as I try
Can’t shield you forever
There’ll be some fighting and crying,
   climbing and falling,
   winning and losing
That you’ll have to go through.

But you know I’m here for you
And you know I’m here to guide you
And you know I’m here with open arms
   when the world isn’t good
   when the  world isn’t free
And there’s nothing but my love for you.

(I wrote this years ago and I have actually forgotten
how the melody goes…but the message…it only deepens
through time.)
Happy birthday. I love you. #15


No comments:

Post a Comment